Gorgeous locations near Sacramento, CA
Finding an ideal location for your family photographs can be overwhelming. Most people don't have time to scour the country for a great spot. Even doing a Google search for outdoor photography locations in Sacramento, CA can leave you wondering where to begin and if it's worth it in the first place.
A common question I get asked is where should I take my family photos? Yes, I occasionally shoot families from time and time and always scouting locations for my own family photos. As someone who has taken a lot of outdoor portraits, I have come across some amazing locations that not only offer beautiful backdrops but they are also easy to access and won't break the bank.
Outdoor family photography enables the photographer to capture genuine and candid expressions that really show the true nature of the family.
I compiled a list of fire locations If you are into natural earth elements as a backdrop. These locations would be great for a family, maternity, or even a couple's photoshoot, or similar. The list is not exhaustive but will give you an idea of the best places to consider when planning your next family session.
- Capitol Park | Downtown Sacramento| 1300 L St, Sacramento, CA 95814
- Folsom Lake Beals point CA Beals Point, California 95746
- Paradise Beach - 5211 Carlson Dr Sacramento, CA 95819
- Natomas Rose Garden 2921 Truxel Rd, Sacramento, CA 95833
- McKinley Park rose garden 601 Alhambra Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95816
- Jensen Botanical Garden 8520 Fair Oaks Blvd #2504, Carmichael, CA 95608
- WPA Rock garden William land Regional Park 15th Ave, Sacramento, CA 95822
- Araceli Farms Davis, Lavender Farm
- UC Davis Arboretum (Greenery + woods vibe) UC Davis Arboretum/ T. Elliot Weier Redwood Grove- Davis, CA 95616
- Natomas Oak Park– 2230 River Plaza Dr, Sacramento, CA 95833
- Cosumnes River Preserve– 13501 Franklin Blvd, Galt, CA 95632
- Jack E. Hill Park- 9380 Porto Rosa Dr, Elk Grove, CA 95624
- Willow Creek Recreation Area in Folsom, CA. (Apple Maps will say, “Willow Creek Recreation Parking”
- Bywater Hollow Lavender Farm– 5950 Mt Vernon Rd, Lincoln, CA 95648